Jan 14 2010
- Chakras, Yoga and Hiking
- Sick and Tired of Winter Already?
- 2 Sensory Meditation for Stilling the Mind
- Tips for Getting Unstuck and Overcoming the Blues
- Where and How Do You Experience Your Inner Wild?
- Spring Equinox and Letting Go of Negative Energy
- Like The Willow, Become More Resilient With The Winds Of Change
- Don’t Feed the Painbody
- Do We Really Want Inner Peace?
- Being a “Nobody” in Nature and at the Eckhart Tolle Retreat
About This Site
I'm Margaret Emerson, a freelance writer, designer and ecopsychologist, and this is my collection of essays and suggested activities on how to connect with nature through contemplative practices while hiking.
All the trails and locations mentioned are in Colorado, within a 2 hour drive from the Denver metro area.
The book, "Contemplative Hiking Along the Colorado Front Range" is available for sale directly from me at http://www.imagesandadjectives.com/whoweare.html, from Amazon.com, or from Denver/Boulder booksellers such as Tattered Cover, Boulder Bookstore or Barnes & Noble. Click on book cover image on the left of this page for more information or to place an order.
I invite you to start by reading "What Is Contemplative Hiking?" at http://contemplativehiking.com/what-is-contemplative-hiking/ and then browse through the posts, which can be found on the "Categories" list on the left side of this page.
- Book Reviews (6)
- Contemplative Hiking (57)
- Contemplative Practice (6)
- Ecopsychology (46)
- Events (4)
- Humor (3)
- Movie Reviews (1)
- Rituals and Celebrations (6)
- Tips (13)
- Uncategorized (4)
- Videos (5)
- Wild Animals (6)
Feeling Blue? 3 Tips
Getting unstuck and overcoming the blues with nature